Originally, this was going to be a blog about two things that made me feel both appreciation and kindness recently. But after some thought, (and a rough draft that looked like the first chapter of the Game of Thrones) I decided it would probably be best to split it into two separate posts.
For the first, I’m not really sure where to start… but I guess the first place would be to say thank you. I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award, not once… not twice… but THRICE in the past week!! (Don’t hate on my old english, I’ve been knee deep in A Song of Ice and Fire lately.) I am apparently so awesome, that three of my peers selected me to receive this amazing award and I honestly don’t even know what to say. Ah, Dad, was the first to the punch, followed by Mollytopia and Alicia Benton. To them, A sincere thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can’t tell you how great it felt to be nominated once, let alone multiple times, by peers who I feel each have their own amazing blogs worth following and reading whenever I can. Again, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
Now, moving foward to the actual award. This award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers by their peers, who then turn around and nominate their own favorite blogs to their followers. Pretty simple. Here are the rules :
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award, and link back to his or her blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asks you.
3. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers of your own, with under 200 followers, whom you think are as awesome as you.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. And finally… Display the Liebster Award logo on your page.
Since I was nominated by three separate blogs, I’ve decided to cheat a little, and take the questions that seemed most interested from each, to create my list of 11 questions to be answered.
1. Have you ever been in a fight/brawl in a public place? (Ah, Dad) Why, funny you should ask! Unfortunately, the answer to this one is yes. I went my entire teenage years without ever getting into a fight, but I’ll be damned if college was going to be much of the same. Let’s just say that loud friends, drunk strangers, and too many college kids cramed into a bar doesn’t turn out so well sometimes.
2. Why do you write? (Ah, Dad) I write because I’ve always enjoyed it. Literature has always been my favorite subject. Since I can remember, writing has always been my ‘outlet.’ I’ve had some form of journal, be it digital or analog, since high school. The subjects may have changed, but my reason for writing hasn’t, it’s just pure joy.
3. If you could fly like Peter Pan with pixie dust, what would your happy thought be? (Ah, Dad) My wife. Meeting her. Our first kiss. The first song she ever sent me (Big Jet Plane). Getting engaged, followed by marriage. And of course, the morning she told me that I was no longer just a friend, son, husband… I was a dad.
4. What do you believe in? (Mollytopia) I believe in spirituality. I believe that we aren’t a mistake. But I firmly, FIRMLY, do not believe in organized religion. It’s evil.
5. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? (Mollytopia) Italian. Pizza. Breadsticks. Lasagna. Cheese. Meat. Pasta. OMG… I’m starving…
6. What one place would you like to visit before you die? (Mollytopia) Alaska. The one thing I want to see most in my life is the Northern Lights. They’ve fascinated me since I was a child.
7. East coast or West coast? (Alicia Benton) East coast is where I live, but the West coast is where my heart is.
8. Favorite song lyrics? (Alicia Benton) “When I was 5 my favorite movie was the Gremlins. Ain’t got shit to do with this, but I just thought that I should mention it.” – ‘Lil Wayne. What can I say, I’m gangster! (And I loved Gremlins!)
9. What was your first car? (Alicia Benton) It was a 1998 Dodge Avenger. Black on Black, with black leather interior. It was a sweet ride… too bad I only had it for about 6 months. (A story for another time.)
10. How do you like your eggs? (Alicia Benton) Scrambled with cheese. (Preferably on a biscuit or sandwich bread with bacon please… I hope this means I’m getting breakfast soon Alicia!)
11. Coke or Pepsi? (Mollytopia) Coke. I live in Atlanta, do our stores even sell Pepsi?!?
Next, my 11 random facts :
1. I played the violin for 6 years.
2. I’m 100% Hispanic, but I don’t speak a lick of Spanish.
3. I’m a gamer. I’ve been a gamer since I got my first system (Original Nintendo) as a birthday present, when I was 6 or 7, and I’ll be a gamer until I die.
4. My favorite book to date is A Feast for Crows. (Third book in “A Song of Ice and Fire” series. AKA Game of Thrones)
5. My favorite book from childhood is Where the Wild Things Are.
6. My favorite class in college was photography.
7. I’m kind of addicted to Pinterest. (Don’t hate! I like to be organized.)
8. I’m a huge geek. I like Anime, Computers, Games, Graphic Novels… I mean, seriously, HUGE GEEK.
9. My wife and I only dated for 4 months before we said I love you, 5 months before we got engaged, and 11 months before we were married. And I love it.
10. I like to run, despite my inability to force myself to do so without a specific goal. (Like having a race coming up, or a weight goal to meet.)
11. I’m viewing the Xbox One (Not 720, thank god) live blog while I write this. (See previous mention : GEEK)
Now, for my nominees. (Note: I couldn’t come up with 11, as I’m new to the community, but plan on nominating more as I come across noteworthy blogs. Also, I don’t know if they all qualify under the 200 follower rule, but eh…) :
DudeYouCrazy – A Georgia Football blogger who I’ve been reading for quite some time. Well worth the look if you’re a Georgia Football fan.
Little Ms Fitness – Miss Bell is one of my personal friends, and was one of my inspirations to start blogging years ago. While she may have slowed down a bit lately, she’s always had interesting stuff to say. Lately, she’s been focused on fitness, but talks about all types of things, including bringing up her little one as a single mother.
The Jedi Dad – One of the first daddy blog’s I came across and instantly had to follow. He’s a new father (congrats again!) and has his heart in the right place. I’m looking forward to following along as I take the same journey myself.
Waiting for Momma – Another daddy blog that I truly look forward to reading every day. He updates with all types of fun with his daughter, and talks about the life of a stay at home dad.
Dadicus Grinch – This dad knows how to write!! Every time I read one of his blogs, I’m transported to the place he wants you to be. Wonderful descriptions and use of language. An awesome read. (P.S. It wasn’t until after I posted this that I realized Dadicus has a HUGE following… despite this, I still recommend you check him out, and don’t want to remove him from my list.)
The Golden Vanguard – This is actually a group of bloggers who all share the same page, but they’re all very talented!
The Jogging Dad – This dad is not only a father, but a jogger. What’s more to love? Check out his site, I always enjoy his posts!!
And for your questions, I ask the same ones that I answered, the BEST OF THE BEST!